Total War Warhammer 3 update 2.4 is available to download on PC players. According to the official Warhammer 3 patch notes, the latest update brings the usual bug fixes and visual improvements. Apart from this TWW3 update 2.4 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, Warhammer 3 update 2.1 added brand-new Immortal Empires game mode, Blood for the Blood God, and more. Unfortunetly, since the last patch, players are experiencing problems with the game. Today’s Total War Warhammer 3 patch 2.4 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Table of Contents
Total War Warhammer 3 Patch 2.4 Notes – February 16, 2023
Here are some of the highlights from Update 2.4:
- Immortal Empires is now available to all WARHAMMER III owners!
- Karak Eight Peaks is now a ten-slot settlement for the Skaven… yes-yes…
- Malus’s quest battle for the Warpstone of Khaine is now in the Chaos Wastes, closer to his starting position.
- Fixed a variety of visual/graphical glitches such as clipping capes, snapping models and broken animations.
- Garrisons are no longer reinforcements and now enter the battle from the start.
- Fixed a multiplayer desync that could occur when an Empire player chose to Summon the Elector Counts.
- Coedill will no longer immediately enter the battle instead of reinforcing once the Waystones are destroyed in Drycha’s quest battle.
- Interrogating Grom the Paunch in Athel Tamarha as Eltharion now correctly gives Mistwalker units the ability to mirror Grom’s Big Waaagh ability.
- Fixed an issue where Boris Ursus wouldn’t gain supporters while the Invocation of Dazh is active.
you are now be able to access and play Immortal Empires with the base races and Lords, even if you own neither of the other Total War: WARHAMMER titles:
- Daemons of Chaos
- Grand Cathay
- Warriors of Chaos (Be’lakor)
In addition, you may access other races and Legendary Lords by purchasing the corresponding base game or DLC, the latter of which can now be purchased regardless of whether you own the parent title:
- WARHAMMER I ownership means the addition of all base WARHAMMER I races and Lords e.g. The Empire.
- WARHAMMER II ownership means the addition of all base WARHAMMER II races and Lords e.g. The Skaven.
- Ownership of DLC for any of the WARHAMMER games unlocks any races/Lords included with the associated game or DLC. So for example, even if you do not own WARHAMMER II, you may still purchase the Rise of the Tomb Kings DLC and enjoy access to Settra the Imperishable, High Queen Khalida, Grand Hierophant Khatep and Arkhan the Black (as long as you own WARHAMMER III).
You will be granted ownership of any free DLC associated with each race that you have access to:
- For example, you will be granted access to Dwarfen Legendary Lord Thorek as part of your Dwarfs ownership, which can be done by purchasing WARHAMMER I, or, The King and The Warlord DLC, and then claiming him for free on the storefront from which the prior content was purchased.
Below are changes made to the gameplay rules, AI, and other mechanics that dictate how the game is played.
RULES & SYSTEMS
- Garrisons will once again enter battles at the start as opposed to being held back as reinforcements.
RACES & BALANCE
- Special Herdstone buildings Karaz a Karak and Black Crag now provide Minotaurs for recruitment at Tier 4, as intended.
- Malus’s quest battle for the Warpsword of Khaine has been moved nearer his starting position in the Chaos Wastes.
- Fixed an animation error causing Cold One Knights’ cloaks to snap between idle animations.
- Fixed an animation error causing Dark Elf Doomfire Warlocks’ arms to break upon death.
- Fixed a visual bug where Dreadlord’s capes would disappear when up close.
- Rakarth’s whip no longer glitches after being knocked down.
- Reaper Bolt Throwers now display the correct weapons in melee combat.
- Dwarf ancestor Heroes now display the correct unit category icon.
- Dragon-Blooded Shugengan’s porthole display no longer flickers.
- Top Knotz leader Luggn Nine-Fingaz will no longer start with a Wyvern mount at Level 1.
- Fixed Tyrion’s Sunfang Quest Battle functioning incorrectly in campaign… for real this time.
- Two Shadow Warrior units from Alith Anar’s starting army have been replaced with a unit of Shadow-Walkers and an extra unit of Archers.
- Fixed an animation issue causing High Elf Spearmen’s legs to clip through their clothes.
- Fixed an animation error wherein Tzar Guard’s capes would snap between idle animations.
- Boyar units will no longer have a neck stump protruding from the top of their skull.
- Fixed a skinning issue on the mouth joints of Marauder Berserkers.
- Heroes that were made to die after fulfilling their usefulness (such as Nurgle Plague Cultists) no longer have the ‘Mentor’ skill.
- The Snowhorn of Mourn will no longer slide when turning around.
- Clan Eshin’s ‘The Sudden Kill Scheme’ rite no longer provides two simultaneous speed bonuses.
- The Skaven’s own stalking icon now displays correctly.
- Karak Eight Peaks is now a 10-slot settlement when conquered by the Skaven, as intended.
- Clan Eshin now starts with an Eshin Sorcerer Hero instead of a Warlock Engineer.
- Reduced animation clipping on the Skaven Warlock Engineer’s skirt.
- The Skaven Chieftain’s tails will no longer stretch and warp. Which must have been painful.
- Fixed animation clipping on N’Kari’s cloak.
- Fixed an animation error wherein Fiend of Slaanesh’s clothes would clip during idle animations.
- Fixed missing textures for the Marauders of Slaanesh.
- Fixed the stretched facial graphics on the Slaanesh Alluresses.
- Huntsman General’s stumps now display correctly.
- Empire Knights on horses will no longer detach unnaturally.
- Free Company Militia units can now be dismembered properly.
- Iridescent Horror (Metal) now displays the correct assault unit hero details on the campaign map.
- Iridescent Horror’s tiaras no longer clip through their faces.
- Fixed level of detail issues on Carronades that cause them to darken at distance.
- Mirror Guard units no longer accrue the blood of their enemies accidentally.
- The Citadel of Lead now has the correct buildings available when occupied by a Warriors of Chaos faction.
- Fixed an animation error wherein Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch’s cloaks would turn rigid upon death.
- The enemy armies for both the Throt and the Sisters of Twilight’s quest battles now display the correct Lords and Heroes.
- Male Glade Lords’ pretty feathers can now be seen at more levels of detail than previously.
- Fixed a desync error that occurred in multiplayer campaigns when an Empire player chose to ‘Summon the Elector Counts’.
- Fixed several further instances of characters being too close to the camera in the porthole view.